Continual Professional Development (CPD) from Britannia Driving School
At Britannia Driving School, instructors can keep up to date and continually improve their knowledge and expertise with our Continual Professional Development (CPD) courses.
At Britannia Driving School you have the opportunity to gain Continual Professional Development (CPD) courses in:
- Check Test Training
- How to Sell and Teach Pass Plus
- How to Deal with Intensive Driving Course and Assessments
- Bookkeeping and Accounts for Driving Instructors
- Question/Answer Technique
- Interpreting The Driving Test Report DL25
- Customer Service & Sales
- ORDIT Training
- Coaching and Instructional Techniques
Continual Professional Development (CPD) can be practiced in different way. For example you can:
- Update your teaching skills
- Research new ways to attract and retain pupils
- Spend time developing your sales and marketing Skills
- Spend time on the internet carrying out desktop research
- Communication Skills: Appropriateness, watching, speaking, listening, writing, non-verbal
- Personal Characteristics’: Attitude, awareness, instruction
- Business Practice: Record keeping, health, safety, relationship with pupils and the public
- Strategy and Planning: Lesson delivery and instructor development
- Driving Skills: Vehicle handling ability, awareness of driving situation
Continual Professional Development (CPD) is not mandatory but the DSA is actively encouraging ADI’s to do CPD so that individuals and their customers can benefit from their learning leading to improved road safety.
Record your Continual Professional Development (CPD)
Your CPD record should show what CPD you have done, what you learned from it and how you will use it in your instructing role. You can download a template to record your CPD below.
Commit to Continual Professional Development (CPD)
- Do at least 7 hours of CPD every year
- Agree to follow the voluntary ADI code of practice?
Your commitment to Continual Professional Development (CPD) will be highlighted – on the DSA website – to learner drivers using the “Find you’re nearest driving instructor” service if you agree your details being published.