Please find below our Terms & Conditions, you will find information on:
- Customer Service
- Delivery Policy
- Returns Policy
- Driving Tuition Policy
How can we help?
We are here to help you. You can speak to one of our customer service advisors on 0800 252 692. Lines are open from 9:00am – 6:00pm, Monday to Friday . Or, you can Contact us by email.
How much does it cost?
For lesson block bookings and gift vouchers there is a Standard Delivery charge of £0.00
For books and CD’s there is a Standard Delivery charge of £2.75
How long does it take?
Items ordered before 12.00pm on any business day (Monday – Friday) excluding Bank Holidays should be delivered next business day (excluding Saturday), anytime up to 5.30pm. (assuming that the item is in stock). The standard delivery charge does not guarantee next day delivery; however every effort is made by us & the couriers to achieve this goal.
Orders taken on Friday (after 12.00pm), Saturday or Sunday will normally be dispatched on Monday (excluding Bank Holiday’s) for delivery on Tuesday. Orders taken on Friday before 12.00pm will normally be dispatched on Friday for delivery on Monday.
However, Britannia Driving School relies upon the services of Royal Mail, and whilst we endeavour to ‘keep to our word’ there are unfortunately a few occasions when Royal Mail fail to perform the service that they are required to. This happens rarely, but because it does occur, albeit occasionally, we cannot be held responsible for the late delivery of an item. For the avoidance of doubt Britannia Driving School will not refund the standard delivery charge if the courier has failed to deliver the item(s) on the anticipated delivery date.
What to do if there is a problem with the delivery
If the parcel does not arrive when you expect it then please don’t hesitate to give us a call on 0800 252 692. We will contact Royal Mail and call you back to let you know what’s happening.
Thinking of returning an item?
- Please include the payslip (the original or a copy) or a piece of paper with the name of the person who ordered the items, the order number and the reason for the return.
- Please use the Britannia Driving School’ original package to return the item.
- If you no longer have Britannia Driving School’s package, please include the name of the person who ordered the items and the order number in the sender field on the package.
Our 30-day returns guarantee
Our 30-day returns guarantee means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition within 30 days of the date you received the item, unopened (with any seals and shrink-wrap intact) and we will issue a refund for any outstanding amount. We can only accept the return of opened items if they are faulty.
- We are unable to exchange items that are not damaged, defective or incorrect (however, click here to find out what to do if you have received
Refunds for block lessons or gift vouchers are subject to specific regulations. Once any lesson from the block has been utilized, refund requests are not feasible. Moreover, issued vouchers or tokens must be redeemed within 6 months from their issuance; failure to do so will lead to lesson forfeiture. Should circumstances warrant a refund consideration, advanced payment receipts will be assessed only if no lessons have been undertaken, and the request is made within six months from the issuance date.
In the event of Britannia Driving School sending you a replacement for a damaged, defective or wrong item, you must return the item to Britannia Driving School within 7 days. Britannia Driving School reserves the right to charge the price of the replacement item to the payment card used for the original order if you do not return the original item to us within 7 days of the date on which Britannia Driving School confirms we will issue a replacement.
- The Driving instructor shall give the pupil driving tuition at the rate per hour previously communicated to the pupil by Britannia Driving School (hereinafter called “the company”).
- Whilst reserving the right to decide against giving driving tuition, the Instructor will not act in any way which contravenes legislation on discrimination.
- The company reserves the right to substitute a change of instructor or car if necessary.
- Driving Lessons cancellations must be made DIRECTLY to your instructor at least 48 hours prior to the commencement of the driving lesson otherwise the lesson fee will be charged. But cancellations for an intensive driving course or block booked course of lessons require 10 WORKING DATS NOTICE otherwise the course will be charged for.
- The company accepts no liability for the acts, omissions or negligence of the driving instructor or any injury, loss or damage arising from the use of the tuition vehicle. The driving instructor is a self -employed franchisee and is licensed and regulated by the government’s Driving Standards Agency.
The Driving Test
- The Instructor reserves the right to withhold the use of the driving school car for the driving test, if the pupil has not reached a satisfactory standard of driving competence.
Lesson Vouchers Terms and Conditions
- Lesson vouchers will be provided by the company for pre-paid lessons. Lost vouchers or gift vouchers will result in the forfeiture of remaining lessons. Please ensure secure storage of your vouchers.
- The validity of our company’s vouchers spans 6 months from issuance and is non-redeemable for cash. If you require an extension, kindly request via our office before expiry.
- Refunds for a block of driving lessons or Gift Vouchers will not be granted after utilization of any lessons from the block.
- Refunds for a block of driving lessons or Gift Vouchers, due to relocating outside our operational area, are not permissible.
- Transferring or selling purchased lessons under your name is strictly prohibited.
- In the event of non-receipt of lesson vouchers following payment, the pupil must inform the company manager within 7 days of the payment transaction.
- All cheques must be made payable to “Britannia Driving School” and supported by a valid banker’s card. Credit cards will only be accepted for block bookings and Intensive courses. Cash will not be accepted for Block Bookings or Intensive courses.
- The company will not accept responsibility for advance payments or cash, or cheques payable to instructors. Where payments are made direct to the driving instructor, The Company will not accept any responsibility for any acts, default or failure on the part of the Instructor to carry out his/her obligations.
- You will have an informal discussion about the matter concerned with your Driving Instructor.
- Failing agreement or settlement, the pupil should put the complaint in writing (hardcopy) to the manager of Britannia, attaching any supporting documentation/information you may have.
- The manager will only deal with a complaint directly from the pupil concerned. Hearsay grievance from relatives or friends will not be accepted.
- Complaints reported 30 days after the incident will not be considered.
- Britannia will aim to answer complaints within 14 working days of getting them. This does not include Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.
- All Approved Driving Instructors are regulated and governed by the DSA (Driving Standards Agency) and any unresolved disputes with an individual instructor can be referred to the DSA customer service. The DSA will not become involved in matters concerning payment by clients of tuition fees, readiness for test, or any other contractual matter not directly concerned with the giving of driving tuition.
Links to other websites
If you have any questions about our Terms & Conditions, the practices of this website, or your dealings with this website, please contact us
Head Office: Britannia Driving School, Britannia House, 285 Kingston Road, Wimbledon London SW20 8LB Freephone 0800 252 692 Registered in England Number: 12819734