June 13, 2016

To SORN or not to SORN…

Owning a car can be a real headache sometimes. If it’s not to do with the rising costs of insurance premiums, it may be to do with needing to fix a breakdown or a problem with your vehicle, especially when it is needed urgently – But is there any alternative?

Sometimes it’s unavoidable to take your car off the road for a short while. In this case, you will want to stop paying for the tax and insurance – This can be done by declaring your car as off-the-road by means of a SORN (Statutory Off Road Notice). However please note that a SORN cannot be transferred frm a previous owner, so if you buy a car that you wish to keep off the road, you will need to make a new SORN.

Safe driving from Britannia!