March 18, 2016

To Tax, or To SORN?

There are a lot of legal requirements when it comes to keeping your car on the road. From making sure you have correct and valid insurance to getting your car MOT’d, there can be a lot to take care of.

One of the important aspects is having your car taxed, or to make it SORN. If your car will be off the road for a period of time, you may want to stop taxing and insuring it, in which case you will need to make a Statutory Off Road Notification (SORN). This must be done if the vehicle is not taxed or insured, or if you want to break a vehicle down for parts prior to scrapping it.

SORN cannot be transferred from a previous owner – So if you buy a new or used car that is kept off the road, you must make a new SORN.

Safe driving from Britannia!