The proposals in the Paper relate to the splitting of the practical motorcycling test into two modular tests and the practical motorcycling test fees from 5th October 2009.
Who will be affected by the changes?
The proposals principally affect individual candidates preparing to undertake a practical motorcycling/moped test and their trainers.
Summary of Main Proposals sent to Britannia Driving SchoolsThe DSA propose to:
• Divide the practical motorcycling test into two modules:
Module 1: Specified manoeuvres test
Module 2: Road riding test
• Split the current £80 motorcycling test fee as follows:
Module 1: £10.00
Module 2: £70.00
• Require motorcycling candidates to pass a module 1 test before taking the module 2 test.
• Require candidates to complete both modules within 24 months of passing a relevant theory test.
• Introduce a minimum wait after failed tests before retaking the test:
Module 1: 3 clear working days
Module 2: 10 clear working days
• Increase from 5th October 2009 the fee for the practical motorcycling test to £90.50. I modular testing is introduced this would be split as follows:
Module 1: £15.50
Module 2: £75.00
Are you a motorcycling/moped trainer or candidate? How will you be affected by these changes? What are your thoughts on the DSA PROPOSAL? Send us your views using the comments link below: