So here are Britannia Driving School’s top tips for eco-driving:
– Anticipate road conditions and drive smoothly, avoiding sharp acceleration and heavy braking. This saves fuel and reduces accident rates.
– Drive within the speed limit as not only is it safer but it also reduces fuel consumption.
– When slowing down or driving downhill, remain in gear but take your foot off the accelerator early. This reduces fuel flow to the engine to almost zero.
– Plan ahead to avoid congestion and road works, and to make sure you don’t waste fuel
– Don’t waste fuel warming up the engine, move off when the engine is cold.
– Reduce drag by removing accessories such as roof racks, bike carriers and roof boxes from the car when they are not in use.
– Check tyre pressure since under-inflated tyres are dangerous and increase fuel consumption.
Safe driving from Britannia!
What are your thoughts on this article? Send your views to Britannia Driving School by using the comments link below: