Tyres are very important for safe travel in your care, we have outlined some tips below on how to keep you tyres in the best condition which will make them last longer and help you save money.
• Check your tyres at least once a month to see the tread depth, ensure they are at least 1.6mm this can be measured using a simple tread depth tool available at car accessory stores.
• If you ever have a tyre that has got a puncture larger then ¼ of an inch never have it repaired as this could easy cause a blow out and cause you to lose control at any time.
• Ensure your tyres are correctly inflated and to the correct pressure, a tyre can lose upto half of its tyre pressure and still not appear to be flat so it’s important you check it on a gauge.
• When you do check your tyre pressures ensure you do this in cold weather and wait around three hours after you have drove anywhere.
• Don’t speed up / slow down or turn faster than required as this puts more strain on the tyres.
If you follow these basic tips, it will ensure you get the most out of your tyres and might even save you some money along the way.