Frosty weather is on its way, Britannia warns drivers not to leave their car unattended with the engines running as this is exactly what car thieves look out for on a frosty morning. Research has found that 40% of drivers let their car’s engine clear icy screens before they drive off but the danger here is that if they pop indoors even for a moment, they are at serious risk of having their car stolen.
Here are Britannia’s tips for defrosting your car this winter:
– Do not leave your car unattended. If you need to go indoor, switch off and lock the car.
– Switch on the heated rear screen and mirrors to warm the glass whilst using a scraper and de-icer on the exterior of your car.
– Use air conditioning to dry the air and keep cold glass mist-free
– Do not drive off until all of the glass is clear.
– Do not use just-boiled water to clear glass as it could crack the glass your wipers to the glass.
– Use a soft brush to clear all the snow off the car, ensure the front grille is clear and make sure all lights are clean and are working properly
– Use a lint-free absorbent cloth to wipe misted-up windows.
What are your thoughts on this article? Send your views to Britannia Driving School by using the comments link below: