You can apply for your provisional driving licence up to three months before your 17th birthday, but you will not be able to taking any lessons before you turn 17.
You can apply online for your provisional driving licence but you must meet the following requirements:
– Be a resident of Great Britain
– Meet the minimum age requirement
– Meet the minimum eyesight requirement
– Not be prevented from driving
– Pay the £50 fee
– Have a valid UK passport or other form of identity
– Provide addresses of where you have lived over the last three years
You can also obtain a D1 form from the Post Office, complete the form and post it to the DVLA.