February 25, 2019

How to get an International Driving Permit

So you can drive in Europe after a no-deal Brexit read more below.

After a long 2 year wait since the UK voted to leave the EU, we haven’t got a deal for when we leave in March. Each year thousands of our population travel to Europe by train or ferry to reach their destinations and if we do get a deal, we can continue to do this. However, if not you’ll need something called an International Driving Permit.

 “In the event that there is no EU Exit deal, the government will seek to put in place new arrangements for EU and EEA countries to recognise the UK driving licences when people are visiting, for example on holiday or business trips. – A government spokesman.

How do you get an IDP?

You can apply for an IDP from Post Office branches.

You will need:

  • A full valid UK driving licence (photocard or older paper licence)
  • A passport photo
  • The £5.50 application fee
  • A valid passport if using an older paper licence.

If you would like to ask our team any questions please do not hesitate to do so. Click here.