Have you made plans for New Year’s Eve, getting dressed up, meeting up with friends, having a few drinks…it sounds great! How are you getting home?
Many drivers admit to driving whilst drunk on New Year’s Eve and it is considered the deadliest day for alcohol related fatalities.
So what can you do to ensure you have a good evening and get home in one piece:
• Plan your journey, it sounds simple but having a clear plan of how you are getting home is the smart thing to do.
• Check public transport information or pre-book a taxi.
• Never ride as a passenger in a car driven by someone who has been drinking.
• If you encounter an impaired driver on the road, contact the police.
• Be a good host if you are having a party and offer guests alcohol-free drinks.
• Arrange meeting points for friends and family don’t rely on mobile phones.
• Most importantly DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE.
What are your thoughts on this article? Send your views to Britannia Driving School by using the comments link below: