It’s Friday, and we all can’t wait to finish work for the week and join the commuters on the journey home. But as we climb into our cars to face the rush hour traffic, remember that the roads are busier than ever at this time of day. Here are a few tips to help you cope with this motoring mayhem:
– Drive steadily. Although it is frustrating being stuck in an endless stream of traffic, driving faster in such a high volume of vehicles will only lead to more problems when you suddenly don’t have enough space to break…
– Keep an eye on the road ahead. Although this goes for any driving situation, it is especially vital in rush hour, as this is the time of day most likely for accidents to happen, and you need to be particularly aware of any sudden needs to stop or change route. This could save you valuable time also, as you figure out what is happening several cars in front.
– Stay in the correct gear. This is always a tip for good driving, as it will help to reduce fuel consumption and save you money. Change gear up when you can maintain your speed in the next gear without pressing the accelerator, and change down when it won’t put unnecessary strain on the engine.
– Plan your route. This could save you valuable time in the long run, as you may wish to travel earlier or later to avoid the traffic, or use a different route altogether. This could save you lots of time, as well as fuel and money.
– Finally, stay calm! Stress is not going to help get you home quicker, so stay calm. Take deep breaths when you feel yourself getting worked up, and try to relax as much as possible. Remember, a tense driver is a bad driver.
Drive safely in rush hour traffic this weekend.
Safe driving from Britannia!
What are your thoughts on this article? Sound off in the comments section below!