So the day has arrived for your driving test, you’re all nervous and filled with anxiety.
This is the case for many people who take their test. It varies from person to person; we know those who thrive under a little pressure and we also know of many who can’t handle their nerves on their test day.
So what do you do about it? Here are our top tips.
1) Practice. Yes, practice and practice. You build your confidence through practice.
2) Do mock tests. Your instructor might do them with you but ask for more. Knowing the routes will give you more confidence.
3) Try and take your driving test in the car that you have been practising in.
4) Remember that the examiner is there to do their job, you need to prove to them that you are a safe driver. Be confident, show them that you are a driver that they would want to see on the road.
5) Get a good nights sleep the day before. Feeling fresh rather than groggy will be much better for you. Remember to have all of your documents ready, wear some comfortable shoes and have your glasses/contact lenses to hand if you wear them.
6) I did all of these things and I failed. Remember, if you fail it’s not the end of the world. You just have to do it again and practice some more. The important thing is that you keep going.