To become a driving instructor you must fulfil the following requirements set down by the Driving Standards Agency (DSA):
- Hold a British or Northern Ireland car driving licence or hold an EU licence.
- Have held that licence for a total of four years out of the past six years prior to entering the Register after qualifying. A foreign driving licence or provisional licence held after passing the driving test all count towards the four years.
- Have not been disqualified from driving at any time in the four years prior to applying to enter the Register.
- Be a fit and proper person to have your name entered in the register.
- Are prepared to accept that all convictions, including motoring offences, still in force will be taken into account when assessed.
- You must be able to read, in good daylight, a number plate at a distance of 27.5 meters.
- Pass the qualifying exam.
Safe driving from Britannia!